Friday, December 15, 2006

Woman's Work

A man's work is from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done!

Or so my mom used to say. As I go to bed thinking about all the work I didn't finish today, and all my chores for tomorrow, it's a little overwhelming. A good night's rest and a good morning (should the LORD grant me another) will offer new opportunities for accomplishing many tasks. But my work is never truly done. No wonder Jesus said in Matthew 6, verse 34, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true!! I used to stress myself out more thinking of all the things I didn't get done; but now I "try" to concentrate on what I DID do! We just can't be superwoman! :)