Friday, December 01, 2006

My Long Absence

Hard to believe it's been over two weeks since I blogged here! I think maybe I can come up with an excuse or two. :-)
Wayne was hospitalized for five days during this time. He had some kind of infection--the ER docs said it was pneumonia, but Wayne's immunologists said they couldn't find the culprit organism. His fever was dangerously high for several hours, spiking at 103.5 degrees F, and resisted efforts to lower it.
Bros. Hall & Vaux came to visit Wayne in the hospital. We also received some emails & instant messages from various ministers who told us they were praying for Wayne. Thanks so much to all of them for their prayers and support.
After five days, when it seemed his temperature was under control, Wayne was released on a Sunday evening (about a week and a half ago).
The next day, I flew to Indianapolis for a job interview, and didn't get home till late Wednesday night. Then Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, we started cooking in the morning, ate dinner a little after one, took a little nap, then put up the Christmas tree. Although Wayne put the lights on it on Thursday, Kory & Nick decorated it on Friday. (I'll post a few pictures soon.)
Nick injured his right ankle on Saturday at basketball practice...so it was off to the ER for x-rays. He has a bad sprain, but he'll be fine. They put a brace on his foot that supports his ankle and calf. The brace hardened like a cast, but he can remove it to take a shower. He walked with crutches for a few days, but threw those aside on Tuesday so he could play in this week's two games. (Unfortunately, they lost both!)
Kory spent some time with us over the past weekend. Then, he got into some trouble at school this week (defending himself against kids who were mocking and hitting him) and was suspended for two weeks! He's only nine...so I'm sure that was overkill! He used a stick to fight back, so I think that's what the school was so upset about. Anyway, Kory's having a rough time and could really use our prayers.
I appreciate the supportive emails, IMs, visits, and phone calls from our brothers and sisters in Christ. If you're reading this, thank you! God bless you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea! Soory to hear about Wayne, and will be praying for him! Hope all is well...

Anonymous said...

Well there you are finally! I received your IM and haven't seen you online since before we went to our conference. Well I sure miss you and losing (oops did I say that) playing Literati.