Monday, December 04, 2006

Search For A Poem by H.S.H. Princess Grace

I believe I was age 12 when I first read a certain poem by Princess Grace of Monaco. I memorized the poem, but alas, have since forgotten some of it. Here's what I can recall (even though these pieces may not be entirely accurate):

Little flower, you're the lucky one
You soak in all the lovely sun
You let it all (?) go passing by
And never once do bat an eye

But you must, too, have wars to fight
The cold, bleak darkness of every night
Of stronger vines that seek to grow
Rain, hail --(?)-- and snow

Yet, you never let it show
On your pretty face

That's the best my childhood memories can produce. So, please, if anyone knows this poem...I would love to hear it again!

2 comments:

Francesco Longo said...

Little Flower, you're a lucky one
you soak in all the lovely sun
you stand and watch it all go by
and never once do bat an eye
while others have to fight and strain
against the world and its every pain of living.

But you must, too, have wars to fight
the cold bleak darkness of every night
of a bigger vine who seeks to grow
and is able to stand the rain and snow
and yet you never let it show
on your pretty face.

Grace P. Kelly
;)

Angie said...

Thanks so much Francesco! I'm going to bump this to the top of my blog now. You have made my day!

Yours truly,
Angela