Thursday, September 14, 2006

Natalie's Traditional Jewish Wedding



I posted some pictures yesterday of Natalie's wedding, but had some trouble arranging and formatting the photos. I deleted the post, and have decided to let the layout fall where it may.The photos are in no particular order. Photos include:
  • Blair and Natalie under the chuppah (pronounced hoopah), a decorative blanket held aloft to symbolize a home for the new couple
  • Mr. & Mrs. Blair Book
  • Natalie and her two sisters, Lauren (L) and Madison (R)
  • The rabbi is holding the ketuvah, or marriage contract

The wedding took place in Las Vegas, NV on October 11, 2004. I was unable to attend, but Natalie sent me a disc with many beautiful pictures. I've never been to a traditional Jewish ceremony. Natalie tells me that besides the ketuvah signing and chuppah, there were Hebrew readings. I wish I could have been there!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
How did you meet Natalie? How interesting, I've often wondered how a Jewish wedding ceremony was conducted.

Deborah S

Angie said...

Natalie is my niece, the elder daughter of my brother, Tom. Natalie's mother and Tom divorced when Natalie was a toddler. I lived with Natalie and her mother before going to Hawaii in 1982, and took care of Natalie while her mom worked. I have been fortunate to be part of Natalie's life through the years. She's a wonderful young woman.