Friday, September 01, 2006

Gray Matter Wars

What does it mean
To walk with Christ
When chaos is reigning inside?
How do I proffer the Spirit control?
And let Him be my guide?

My soul knows the way
I have done it before
I know that surrender brings peace
Here lies the quandary—my mind is at war
And it’s long since I’ve had any ease.

I do not trust man
I don’t trust my self
I’ve indicted my God as well
Was He at His watch when my life fell apart?
And I passed through my personal hell?

I’m ashamed of my doubt
Please pardon, I pray
My thoughts that accuse you, O Lord
For I know you are blameless, ready to help
Tender mercy you will afford

Come, Holy Spirit
Bring peace to my mind
With it my soul reconcile
Steady my thoughts, emotions, and path

Nourish my heart for a while

I wrote this poem in the throes of personal conflict. I debated whether or not it is too emotional for this blog, but finally decided to post it. God is faithful. Day by day he shows me that I can trust Him.

Psalms
40: [1] I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
91: [2] I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Angie,

Your such a great writer and the poem is beautiful. What a blessing it is when we can see ourselves and call on God to help us in our darkest times. The song that comes to mind is "He's been faithful" by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. God is so faithful!

Deborahveflfgfu

Angie said...

Thank you so much for those kind words. Sis K Jordan sent me a disc with Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir on it. I need to go see if I can find that song. Sounds like something I'd enjoy hearing.

Lil said...

I don't think your poem is too personal and I am glad you posted it. During those valleys it is such a wonderful thing for God to give us peace after or even while we are an in an intense battle.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The poem was beautiful, and I hope that it's read by someone who really needs to see it! He IS faithful!

Anonymous said...

The poem was beautiful Angie! There is nothing to be backwards about, we all go thru things. And who else can we turn to but God for the peace we need in the middle of our storms? Hope you post more of your poems, you have a real gift.