Monday, February 08, 2010

Little Flower by Grace Kelly

Over three years ago I posted a poem to my blog, asking if anyone knows this poem that I had learned as a child. Today, I check my blog, and lo and behold....someone from Italy responded by posting the poem! So, I am repeating it here. Thank you Francesco!

Little Flower, you're a lucky one
you soak in all the lovely sun
you stand and watch it all go by
and never once do bat an eye
while others have to fight and strain
against the world and its every pain of living.

But you must, too, have wars to fight
the cold bleak darkness of every night
of a bigger vine who seeks to grow
and is able to stand the rain and snow
and yet you never let it show
on your pretty face.

Grace P. Kelly

4 comments:

Francesco Longo said...

Dear Angela,
I like share the sentence of Saint Augustine, quoted during the Ceremony for Grace (forgive the translation):

My Lord we don't ask you why You've taken her away, but we thank you for the gift of her presence.

God bless you!
Francesco Longo

Anonymous said...

All the work is worth it! thanks for the thoughts and poem! You may be suprised by how many people there are who love to see through the eyes of others. Keep up the good work. Keep on posting! We need you!

Angie said...

Thank you Francesco.

Angie said...

Internet translation of the Russian comment is:
I thank for the information really fascinatingly, however me also news of holography also interest. It is necessary to develop in the field of holography.
Anyone have a better translation?