Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birthday Memories

I've previously spoken of my former pastor and his wife (from when I was living in North Carolina.) They were Dr. Robert and Lavola Hart. They were both nearing eighty years old and worked tirelessly for the Lord, until their lives ended in a tragic car accident.

I had occasion to think of them again a few days ago, on my birthday. My mind when back to August 24, 1998. At the time, I was store accountant for the Harris Teeter supermarket in Albemarle, and was working the night of my birthday. I missed church that night because of work. I ran a cash register part of the night because we were so busy. When things died down, I secured my register and headed back to the accounting office. I didn't get far! As I turned around, Bro. & Sis. Hart appeared out of nowhere, and began to sing "Happy Birthday to you!" For a moment, I was embarrassed...then I was so thrilled! How nice of them to come to the store after church just to sing to me!

This was just one of the many kindness they showed to me. I'm so glad I have this memory of these wonderful people, my old friends.

2 comments:

Twocans said...

Aw, that was so sweet! What a beautiful memory...
I thought you had abandoned this blog, I was meaning to click on another one in my favs, and look what I clocked on! I then realized, you were back in action! I always enjoy reading your blog!
God bless!

Angie said...

I have a lot of fun blogging, and sometimes its therapeutic... I regret stopping for so long. I'm so glad you happened by, though! Thanks for taking time to comment as well.
God bless you!

Angie