Monday, July 20, 2009

God's Will For Me

We just wrapped up a revival with Rev. J.R. & Sis. Ashmore and I just have to say "WOW!" God's word and His Spirit were poured out in abundance. During this revival I was healed of gastro-intestinal illnesses that plagued me for nearly 20 years!

God also spoke to me through His word, a scripture that I've heard many times--yet one I've never really heard:
"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:18
How simple can it get?

So, I thank God for everything in my life, the decisions and experiences, both good and bad. I even thank Him for the poor decisions of my past. But...what past? The past does not exist. I can't reach back and touch it. I can't change it. So there is no need to agonize over it! From now on, I will live in the now. And I will give God the thanks in all things. For this is His will for me in Christ Jesus, my Savior!

No comments: